The major advantage of smoking over vaping is that it typically produces more intense overall effects. Smoking also does not require as much as of an investment. Also the whole smoking process is simple and easy.
- More intense effects: Smoking dry herb can more quickly create intense and euphoric effects. The extreme temperatures of fir immediately release all of the cannabinoids responsible for this more sedative effect such as THC.
- No more accessories: Smoking does not require any other accessories, such as grinder, replaceable 18650 battery or more. You only need to buy a big fancy glass piece. It’s much cheaper to just buy some rolling papers which prevents a long to smokers from delving into vaping.
- Low maintenance: There is some general maintenance involved with pipes or bowls, but they typically don’t require as much effort as cleaning a vaporizer. Joints, on the other hand, are relatively low maintenance, aside from having to roll them.
- Combustion risks: The reality is, although weed smoke is said to be less harmful than tobacco smoke, it’s still smoke. There is a common misconception that although smoking tobacco is bad for you, smoking marijuana isn’t. When any plant matter is combusted it produces tar, carcinogens and other harmful thigs. This is an unavoidable consequence of smoking, not to mention the hazards of second-hand smoke and using an open flame.
- Less control: There isn’t much you can to do control the effects of smoking. You can find a strain with less THC, take smaller puffs, or roll your joint a little tighter, but that’s about it. Vaping gives you a lot more control over the overall experience.
- Stronger odor: Smoke can be detected from much further away and it lingers for longer than vapor. It’s not even close. When you vape weed, it has an aroma, but it doesn’t have the same burnt smell and it dissipates quicker, especially after airing out the room.
Dose vaping offer health benefits smoking?
Smoking marijuana leaves is inarguably dangerous to your health. When you smoke, you inhale very hot pieces of debris that irritate the sensitive tissue in your lungs. Burning leaves can also cause chemical reactions that lead you to inhale potentially toxic compounds, some of which are linked to cancer.
Vaporizers do not burn anything. Instead, they heat up THD-containing substances until they’re hot enough to create an aerosol- but not so hot that they combust. Compared to the hot, harsh smoke produced by burning leaves, the aerosol made by vaporizers can feel much smoother on the lungs.